Need some quotes to tickle your wits?
We have all sorts of funny and witty quotes for you. Whether it’s about life, love, marriage—you name it! Our collection of quotes will surely entertain you and will add humor to your conversation.
Funny and Witty Quotes About Life
Life is full of twists and turns, so you might want to lighten up a bit for a while. Check out this list of funny quotes about life.
- “Fools learn from experience. Wise men learn from the experience of others.” – Otto von Bismarck
- “Playing it safe is the riskiest choice we can ever make.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
- “It is surprising what a man can do when he has to, and how little most men will do when they don’t have to.” – Walter Linn
- “A person is wise if he listens to millions of advice and doesn’t implement any of it.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
- “A skunk is a better company than a person who prides himself on being ‘frank’.” – Robert Heinlein
- “After you’ve done a thing the same way for two years, look it over carefully. After five years, look at it with suspicion. And after ten years, throw it away and start all over.” – Alfred Edward Perlman
- “Life moves very fast. It rushes from Heaven to Hell in a matter of seconds.” – Paulo Coelho
- “Life is a pain. Anyone who says otherwise is selling something.” – William Goldman
- “I’ll go anywhere as long as it’s forward.” – David Livingstone
- “Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forwards.” – Soren Kierkegaard
- “A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” – Oscar Wilde
- “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.” – Confucius
- “When life gives you lemons, squirt someone in the eye.” – Cathy Guisewite
- “Faced with the choice between changing one’s mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof.” – John Kenneth Galbraith
- “Arguing with a fool proves there are two.” – Doris M. Smith
Need some more? We have more lists for you, so keep reading!
Funny and Witty Quotes About Traveling
Do you feel like bringing out the witty traveler in you? If you love to travel, you will relate to this next list of funny travel quotes and sayings we have for you!
- “Las Vegas is sort of how God would do it if he had money.” – Steve Wynn
- “Two great talkers will not travel far together.” – Spanish Proverb
- “Boy, those French. They have a different word for everything.” – Steve Martin
- “When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money.” – Unknown
- “I’ve been to almost as many places as my luggage.” –Bob Hope
- “You want to know what it’s like to be on a plane for 22 hours? Sit in a chair, squeeze your head as hard as you can, don’t stop, then take a paper bag and put it over your mouth and nose and breath your own air over and over and over.” –Lewis Black
- “Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.” – Mark Twain
- “Airline travel is hours of boredom interrupted by moments of stark terror.” – Al Bolick
- “The man who goes alone can start today, but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Andre Guide
- “On a New York subway you get fined for spitting, but you can throw up for nothing.” – Lewis Grizzard
- “Spain travel tip: If bathroom genders are indicated by flamingos, the boy flamingo is the one with a hat. I learned this the hard way.” – Dave Barry
- “You and I come by road or rail, but economists travel on infrastructure.” – Margaret Thatcher
- “The worst thing about being a tourist is having other tourists recognize you as a tourist.” – Russell Baker
- “Travel becomes a strategy for accumulating photographs.” – Susan Sontag
Don’t these funny quotes remind you of your own travel? Traveling is surely fun when there’s an added humor to it. So, the next time you go on a trip, remember these witty quotes to brighten up your mood.
Funny and Witty Quotes about Honesty
Honesty is really a big deal, right? Check out this list of witty quotes and sayings that express the importance of honesty as well as some subtle advice about it—delivered with a touch of humor and fun!
- “Honesty is a good thing, but it is not profitable to its possessor unless it is kept under control.” – Don Marquis
- “Honesty may be the best policy, but it’s important to remember that
- “An honest man is always a child.” – Socrates
- “There should be an honest attempt at the reconciliation of differences before resorting to combat.” –Jimmy Carter’s
- dishonesty is the second-best policy.” – George Carlin
- “A good politician is quite as unthinkable as an honest burglar.” – H. L. Mencken
- “The biggest liar in the world is the golfer who claims that he plays the game merely for exercise.” – Tommy Bolt
- Honesty is the key to a relationship. If you can fake that, you’re in.” – Richard Jeni
- “I was really too honest a man to be a politician and live.” – Socrates
- “Honesty is the best policy – when there is money in it.” – Mark Twain
Feeling honest yet? Now you have all these quotes to remind you of honesty and to give you a bit of a laugh about it.
Funny and Witty Quotes About Actions
Planning to start a call to action? Be inspired by this list of witty quotes and sayings today and be motivated to act tomorrow!
- “Action will destroy your procrastination.” – Og Mandino
- “All progress has resulted from people who took unpopular positions.” – Adlai E. Stevenson
- “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Everyone has a sense of humor. If you don’t laugh at jokes, you probably laugh at opinions.” – Criss Jami
- “Never confuse motion with action.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “Without a plan of action to put how a dream is envisioned to play out is like pouring out of the picture of water on the ground and expecting it to stay in on the surface of the ground.” – Catherine Pulsifer
- “Do not be like the cat who wanted a fish but was afraid to get his paws wet.” – William Shakespeare
A bit of humor is indeed a good way of getting the motivation to act. If you aren’t motivated yet, maybe you need more funny and witty quotes! Read on because we have a lot more to give you.
Funny and Witty Quotes about Work
Want some witty quotes about work? We got you! Here is a list of quotes that will help you relax and get a break from a long and tiring day at work.
- “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” – Confucius
- “By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may eventually get to be boss and work twelve hours a day.” – Robert Frost
- “Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task.” – William James
- “There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done.” – Peter Drucker
- “Doing nothing is very hard to do…you never know when you’re finished.” – Leslie Nielsen
- “No man goes before his time – unless the boss leaves early.” – Groucho Marx
- “Oh, you hate your job? Why didn’t you say so? There’s a support group for that. It’s called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar.” – Drew Carey
- “My son is now an “entrepreneur.” That’s what you’re called when you don’t have a job.” – Ted Turner
- “I like work; it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.” – Jerome K. Jerome
- “The best way to appreciate your job is to imagine yourself without one.” – Oscar Wilde
- “I am a friend of the workingman, and I would rather be his friend than be one.” – Clarence Darrow
- “I always arrive late at the office, but I make up for it by leaving early.” – Charles Lamb
- “Don’t stay in bed, unless you can make money in bed.” – George Burns
- “The first thing a new employee should do on the job is to learn to recognize his boss’ voice on the phone.” – Martin Buxbaum
- “A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don’t have a J.O.B.” – Fats Domino
- “Find a job you like and you add five days to every week.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- “A baseball game is twice as much fun if you’re seeing it on the company’s time.” – William C. Feather
- “Unemployment is capitalism’s way of getting you to plant a garden.” – Orson Scott Card
- “If hard work is the key to success, most people would rather pick the lock.” – Claude McDonald
- “I’ve got all the money I’ll ever need if I die by four o’clock.” – Henny YoIf
- “A equals success, then the formula is A = X + Y + Z. Where X is work. Y plays. Z is keeping your mouth shut.” – Albert Einstein
Feeling better? Hopefully, you are more fired up now for another day of work and fun.
Funny and Witty Quotes About Art
If you love art, you will surely enjoy a good amount of witty quotes about it. Ready the artist in you and read on through our list of quotes and sayings below.
- “An amateur is an artist who supports himself with outside jobs which enable him to paint. A professional is someone whose wife works to enable him to paint.” – Ben Shahn
- “Bad artists copy. Good artists steal.” – Pablo Picasso
- “Art is either revolution or plagiarism.” – Paul Gauguin
- “Every time I paint a portrait, I lose a friend.” – John Singer Sargent
- “He had the great traditional stimulant to the industry of an artist – laziness, and debt.” – John Mortimer
- “A painting is worth a thousand confused art-gallery visitors.” – Ljupka Cvetanova
- “In a good portrait, the eyes follow you around the room.” – Peter Cook
- “The more you look at modern art exhibits, the more everything begins to look like an exhibit, including the attendant’s chair and the fire extinguisher.” – Brian Sewell
- “Van Gogh would have sold more than one painting if he’d put tigers in them.” – Tom Hobbes
- “Rembrandt painted 700 pictures. Of these 3,000 are in existence.” – Wilhelm Bode
- “Art is the only serious thing in the world. And the artist is the only person who is never serious.” – Oscar Wilde
- Is the inner artist in you satisfied with these funny quotes? You’ll have more, so just keep reading.
Funny and Witty Quotes About Knowledge, Ideas, Innovation, Change
The seriousness of the matter about knowledge, ideas, innovation, and change is sometimes too much to take that you might want to put a bit of humor in them. If that’s the case, this list of funny quotes will be an entertaining read for you!
- “There is nothing wrong with change… if it is in the right direction.” – Winston Churchill
- If you’re in a bad situation, don’t worry it’ll change. If you’re in a good situation, don’t worry it’ll change.” – John A. Simone, Sr.
- “People can cry much easier than they can change.” – James Baldwin
- “Intelligence is more important than strength, that is why the earth is ruled by men and not by animals.” – Amit Kalantri
- “If you’re not failing every now and again, it’s a sign you’re not doing anything very innovative.” – Woody Allen
- “We all have times when we think more effectively, and times when we should not be thinking at all.” – Daniel Cohen
- “Change is inevitable—except a vending machine.” – Robert C Gallagher
- “Knowledge is proud she knows so much; wisdom is humble that she knows no more.” – William Cowper
- “Maturity involves turning an insult into feedback.” – Aniekee Tochukwu Ezekiel
- “Our ability to adapt is amazing. Our ability to change isn’t quite as spectacular.” – Lisa Lutz
- “The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don’t know anything about.” – Wayne Dyer
- “The man who does not read books has no advantage over the man that cannot read them.” – Mark Twain
- “It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.” – Charles Darwin
- “Changing is what people do when they have no options left.” – Holly Black
- “To improve is to change. To be perfect is to change often.” – Winston Churchill
- “I not only use all the brains I have but all that I can borrow.” – Woodrow Wilson
- “Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.” – Thomas Alva Edison
These quotes definitely made all these profound concepts a lot easier to understand and relate to when there’s humor.
Funny and Witty Quotes About Marriage
Are you married? Do you have plans to get married anytime soon? These quotes will give you a sneak peek of a marriage life—in a hilarious way!
- “Courtship is to marriage, as a very witty prologue to a very dull play.” – William Congreve
- “You can’t put a price tag on love. But if you could, I’d wait for it to go on sale.” – Hussein Nishah
- “Marry a man your own age; as your beauty fades, so will his eyesight.” – Phyllis Diller
- “A man in love is not complete until he is married. Then he is finished.” – Zsa Zsa Gabor
- “Marriage has no guarantees. If that’s what you’re looking for, go live with a car battery.” – Erma Bombeck
- “Eighty percent of married men cheat in America. The rest cheat in Europe.” – Jackie Maso
- “What’s the difference between a boyfriend and a husband? About 30 pounds.” – Cindy Garner
- “My wife and I were happy for 20 years – then we met.” – Rodney D
- “Love is a lot like a backache: it doesn’t show up on X-rays, but you know it’s there.” – George Burn
- “The secret of a happy marriage remains a secret.” – Henry Youngman
- “An archeologist is the best husband any woman can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her.” – Agatha Christie
- “There are only three things women need in life: food, water, and compliments.” – Chris Rock
Marriage is definitely a serious matter, but a good laugh and a little humor about it doesn’t hurt. Unless, after reading them, you don’t feel like getting married anymore!
Funny and Witty Quotes About Love and Friendship
Whether you’re grateful for a wonderful friend, are in love, or are simply feeling like showing off your sense of humor to your friends or significant other, this list of funny and witty quotes about love and friendship can help you break the ice.
- “Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.” – Albert Einstein
- “Love is an ocean of emotions entirely surrounded by expenses.” – Thomas Dewar
- “The only way to have a friend is to be one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “If love is the answer, could you rephrase the question?” – Lily Tomlin
- “I love you more than coffee, but please don’t make me prove it.” – Elizabeth Evans
- “Love is a lot like a backache, it doesn’t show up on X-rays, but you know it’s there.” –George Burns
- “A true friend is someone who is there for you when he’d rather be anywhere else.” – Len Wein
- “Love is not having to hold in your farts anymore.” – Bree Luckey
- “It takes a long time to grow an old friend.” – John Leonard
- “A true friend overlooks your failures and tolerates your success!” – Doug Larson
- “Friends are like melons; shall I tell you why? To find a good one, you must one hundred try.” – Claude Mermet
Love and friendship, when combined with humor, create an incredible degree of relatability and fun. What are your thoughts about love and friendship?
Funny and Witty Quotes About Food
Love food? Then these funny quotes about food are perfect for you!
- “Nouvelle Cuisine, roughly translated, means: I can’t believe I paid ninety-six dollars and I’m still hungry.” – Mike Kalin
- “My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four. Unless there are three other people.” – Orson Welles
- “At a formal dinner party, the person nearest death should always be seated closest to the bathroom.” – George Carlin
- “An onion can make people cry but there’s never been a vegetable that can make people laugh.” – Will Rogers
- “Snack time heals all wounds.” – Bridger Winegar
- “After a good dinner, one can forgive anybody, even one’s own relations.” – Oscar Wilde
- “The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been found.” – Calvin Trillin
- “We are living in a world today where lemonade is made from artificial flavors and furniture polish is made from real lemons.” – Alfred E. Newman
- “Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands – and then eat just one of the pieces.” – Judith Viorst
- “When the waitress asked if I wanted my pizza cut into four or eight slices, I said, ‘Four. I don’t think I can eat eight.” – Yogi Berra
- “As a child, my family’s menu consisted of two choices: take it or leave it.” – Buddy Hackett
- “Watermelon – it’s good fruit. You eat, you drink, you wash your face.” – Enrico Caruso
- “Food is an important part of a balanced diet.” – Fran Lebowitz
- “Americans will eat garbage provided you sprinkle it liberally with ketchup.” – Henry James
- “Anything is good if it’s made of chocolate.” – Jo Brand
- “Your diet is a bank account. Good food choices are good investments.” – Bethenny Frankel
- “Promises and pie-crust are made to be broken.” – Jonathan Swift
- “Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon.” – Doug Larson
- Some quotes are so relatable and funny, right? I just hope this didn’t make you hungry.
Funny and Witty Quotes About Smile
Feeling down lately? These witty quotes and sayings about a smile might be what you need to cheer yourself up.
- “Smile…it makes people wonder what you’re up to.” – Jill Shalvis
- “A smile is the happiness you’ll find right under your nose.” – Tom Wilson
- “A smile is a curve that sets everything straight. Phyllis Diller
- “Start every day off with a smile and get it over with. W. C. Fields
- “Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been. Mark Twain
- “The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. Robert Bloch
- “Smile. Have you ever noticed how easily puppies make human friends? Yet all they do is wag their tails and fall over. Walter Inglis Anderson
- “Before you put on a frown, make absolutely sure there are no smiles available. James M. Beggs
- “A laugh is a smile that bursts. – Mary H. Waldrip
Did any of the quotes make you smile? If yes, success! Just hold that smile and try to remember these quotes when you’re feeling down again.
Other Funny and Witty Quotes and Sayings
There are a lot more things that are funny. Here are some of the other witty quotes and sayings you shouldn’t miss out.
- “A witty saying proves nothing.” – Voltaire
- “Every habit makes our hand wittier, and outwit more handy.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “A word of kindness is seldom spoken in vain, while witty sayings are as easily lost as the pearls slipping from a broken string.” – George Dennison Prentice
- “The liar’s punishment is not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.” – Mark Twain
- “If you want to make enemies, try to change something.” – Woodrow Wilson
- “Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for the truth.” – Benjamin Disraeli
A sense of fun and humor from time to time is healthy. What makes it even more fun is that it can be about almost anything. Look around and find meaning around you—including something to laugh about!